Thursday, May 19, 2011

State of the Studio

It has been a very busy month. I’ve spent many hours on an animation piece for a great local play called The Jade City Chronicles. If you haven’t heard of it, you will. This thing is going to be big!
On top of that, I was in Atlanta for a week participating in the Portrait Society of America’s Art of the Portrait conference. I made some amazing contacts and learned a lot, most of which I’m trying to implement daily.
The show that opened at the Main Street Gallery in Carrboro is a hit. The turnout opening night was better than expected and I look forward to selling a few pieces from the show. But wait, there’s more!
As you know, I’m starting to do some work on the Christmas triptych (see last entry) as well as a series of Tarot paintings. The Tarot will concentrate on the 22 Major Arcana and I’ve already started recruiting models to pose. If any of you have ever wanted to be in your own tarot deck, now’s the time! For that matter, if you’ve ever wanted to be a maid-a-milking, now is also THAT time.
The new Passion Paintings seem to be doing some great things for people (and here I do not make fun, because I think these may actually be some of the most important paintings I have ever done).
 And I’ve decided which charity I’m going to support this year. I will make a bigger announcement about that. But, for you insiders you will get to know ahead of the rest of the pack. This year, 10% of every painting sold will go to the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (  The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America is a great organization. According to the website: “85% of expenses go directly to programs and services to help individuals with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers; the remaining 15% of expenses support administrative and fundraising events.”
There will be more links for that coming soon, including their financial report, recognition, etc. And this one is close to my heart, so we’ll be doing all we can to help!
On top of all that, I’m planning for my next big art show, sometime in September of this year. I’ll be sure to announce the date as soon as I firm it up.
As you can see, I have a very busy year ahead of me. The good news is that I don’t have to do it alone. You guys have been amazing! I love hearing your comments and assistance. Without you I couldn’t do this, so thank you VERY much.
I have a lot to do, and you have a lot to look forward to from Seraphim Studios.
--- Geraud